About Me

My photo
I always wanted to write a book but could never focus long enough to make it happen. Maybe this blog will inspire me. Or maybe it can be an outlet for my jumbled thoughts and opinions. You may not always agree with me, but that's o.k. I would love to hear your thoughts anyway.

Thursday, August 20, 2015

Summer in the Northwest this year is in full force and its not the same.  We have had what I would affectionately term a So Cal Summer.  More days in the mid to high 90's than ever before and my usually green and luscious state is "browning" out.  With the lack of rain fields are no longer green, yards, unlike our neighbors to the south, don;t typically have automatic sprinkler systems and quickly turn to straw.

Don't get me wrong, its amazing weather for activities and enjoying the outdoors, but the aesthetics, the "pretty" is just not there. 

We are hiking and golfing and swimming and loving the warm summer days and easy summer nights.  But in all truth...I look forward to the fall with the changing leaves and colors. I look forward to cooler days and nights.  I love my sweaters and boots and leggings.

Summer has been different this year. It feels like a planetary shift. Like every ones weather is changing. Small changes, nothing catastrophic, but definite climate shifts. Maybe its the preponderance of large earthquakes and shifting forces within the Earths core over the past few years. Maybe we are facing another major evolutionary event.  Maybe,  Maybe, Maybe, but in the big scheme I am but an ant enjoying my day in the sun, or the rain....bring back the rain. I miss the green.

No comments:

Post a Comment