About Me

My photo
I always wanted to write a book but could never focus long enough to make it happen. Maybe this blog will inspire me. Or maybe it can be an outlet for my jumbled thoughts and opinions. You may not always agree with me, but that's o.k. I would love to hear your thoughts anyway.

Thursday, December 20, 2012

A Day like any other.......

Today is December 20th, 2012, and if you ask any of the maniacal lunatics running about scampering to either hide or cause mayhem depending on their own personal brand of psychosis, today is the last day our lives, for tomorrow the world ends.

How am I spending my last day.....well pretty much like any other...because you see I'm awesome and spend every day as if it is my last.

I woke up this morning and sang an operatic Ave Maria in honor of the holiday season. I followed that with a delightful volcanic ash and seaweed wrap and a fresh dose of botox to make certain my smile held steady all day. I had a vigorous 5 mile run averaging 4 minutes a mile, and joined my Sherpa monk friends on a hike to the peak of Mt. Kilimanjaro. We had a nice cup of Oolong tea picked by the monkey we adopted and trained  as we scaled the mountain, and we talked about the meaning of life (or rather I talked and they nodded and ahemed so as not to break their vow of silence). When I got home from my hike and my run, I went on-line and became an ordained priest for the New Age Church of Light, I finished earning my black belt in mixed martial arts, and then I took a shower and got ready for work. After giving Jeff a hug goodbye for the day and making sure Wyatt was awake for school, I headed out. On my way into work I saw a homeless man on the street corner. I noticed his sign was a little shabby, so I made him a new one with correct spelling and diction and gave him a 5 spot to kick his day off in the right direction. I stopped at the gas station to get fuel and noticed another customer smoking a cigarette near the pump, so I used my new acquired black belt ninja like moves to take his cigarette, snub it out, and through my psychic abilities to show people the potential consequences of their actions, I was able to help him break his nicotine habit for life. I rescued a bear and her two cubs, and a saved the narwhal species from becoming just another mythical creature of extinction on my way into the office. I won a Pulitzer prize for a blog I wrote, and I found the cure for cancer.  I then participated in a conference call with The White House and I balanced the fiscal budget for the President. Good news people, we found an error in the accounting. You can all rest easy knowing we are now debt free as a country and the President is thinking of giving us all a year off from taxes because we are actually in the green. The nice thing is I did all that before 8:00 a.m. Its too bad none of it will matter after tomorrow.  I can only imagine what the rest of my day holds.

O.k......so maybe I stretched the truth a little....but the point is, today is a day like any other....Wake up, drink your coffee, go to work, eat your meals, laugh with your children, love your spouse, watch your favorite TV shows, read a good book, take a nap.......do what ever you always do. Because guess what? Tomorrow the sun will rise , the earth will continue spinning on its axis, and so will the next day and the day after that......Live your life just like always, but never stop trying to do it well.  You may not be the next Madame Curie, but every thing you do makes a difference and means something to someone.


2 comments:

  1. My sister in law Chris and I ordered some Christmas flowers from my mom, for my 80+ year old Aunt and she got them today and was so happy. She said she has never gotten flowers delivered to her before. It made me happy to hear how much it meant to her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is the loveliest thing I've heard this week. I think that qualifies as living it well.. :)

      Delete