About Me

My photo
I always wanted to write a book but could never focus long enough to make it happen. Maybe this blog will inspire me. Or maybe it can be an outlet for my jumbled thoughts and opinions. You may not always agree with me, but that's o.k. I would love to hear your thoughts anyway.

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Alice in Wonderland....

 
Every day is an adventure in wonderland.  Sometimes its a perilous journey facing evil the likes of the Red Queen, and other days are full of discovery and merriment like the Mad Hatters Tea Party.

There are times I am certain I've fallen down the rabbits hole. Some days I am mid fall, floating through the air waiting to land, and other days I have already used my tiny little key and met the Cheshire cat.

So in my wonderland who is who?  Well, the truth is it changes from day to day.  The 'Big Bad' is never a constant because usually I freeze out the elements in my life that make me feel less than good about myself. If they cause self doubt , I throw them out.  So the Red Queen could be symbolic in nature of a challenge I am facing at any given moment, or it could be a person.  Either way, just as with Alice, I always persevere. Off with Her head.

The Mad Hatter, well, that would Jeff. He is my mad mad hatter.  But he has captured my heart and I am lucky to take this adventure with him. As for the Tea Party, well if Tao of Tea is providing the leaves, I'm in. Perhaps a refreshing Oolong, Darjeeling, or Black Spiral.

Tweedle dee and Tweedle dum......You might assume this could be my boys I suppose, but they might both take issue with such a reference. I think they would both rather be Cheshire cat and the Caterpillar which is probably more fitting. I have others in mind for Tweedle Dee and Dum but their identities will remain a secret.

I am constantly looking for that wonderful drink that will shrink my size.  If you find it, let me know.  I could really use it. I already ate the mushrooms and have experienced their counter measure.  I would much rather shrink.

Do you think they have wine in wonderland?  Perhaps Alice just didn't spend enough time to find the vineyard. If so, I prefer a full bodied red or a sweet dessert white. If we find some dark chocolate, a well aged port will do the trick too.

Wonderland is not just an escape, but  place in which I can appreciate all the little details and elements around me. I have faced the Jabberwocky and lived to tell the story.
"Jabberwocky"
'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
The frumious Bandersnatch!"

He took his vorpal sword in hand:
Long time the manxome foe he sought—
So rested he by the Tumtum tree,
And stood awhile in thought.

And as in uffish thought he stood,
The Jabberwock, with eyes of flame,
Came whiffling through the tulgey wood,
And burbled as it came!

One, two! One, two! and through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back.

"And hast thou slain the Jabberwock?
Come to my arms, my beamish boy!
O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!"
He chortled in his joy.

'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.

No comments:

Post a Comment