About Me

My photo
I always wanted to write a book but could never focus long enough to make it happen. Maybe this blog will inspire me. Or maybe it can be an outlet for my jumbled thoughts and opinions. You may not always agree with me, but that's o.k. I would love to hear your thoughts anyway.

Monday, February 25, 2013

Like a Phoenix....

Sometimes life is as easy as breathing. In through the nose, out through the mouth, lather-rinse-repeat (wait that's hair washing)....oh well...you get the idea. Some things are simple. We feel loved and valued, our careers are fulfilling, our children make us smile, and though it may be simply vanilla, it's delightful and soothing, in the moment.

Some people experience simply vanilla the majority of the time. I don't know if that makes them fortunate or not?  Here's the truth...I don't envy them.  I expect life to keep me on my toes. I'm tough and made for the challenge. Its how I know I'm growing and learning and that it's all worth it. I like a little vanilla now and then, but it's the challenging moments that I know to be character building and goldmines of wisdom.

Don't get me wrong, I don't seek out the challenge or thrive on its arrival, but I don't hide from it either. I face life head on.  A little calm here and there is a pleasant break, but the life I've been given has been wrought with struggle and pain. Not in a bad way....never as an excuse....but intended to teach me, mold me, and make me better.

Like the mythical Phoenix, I have seen my life burn to cinders only to rise again, brighter and better in my incarnation. I have rebooted several times, and each time I find myself more at peace with what lies ahead. Less fearful.

I am lucky this time to have a partner who supports my struggles, lift my wings when I am too tired to do it myself. Together we face the struggles and challenges and together we fix them. I sometimes panic and find myself questioning loyalties, but in the end they continue to prove themselves to be true.

Life is a unique path for each of us. sometimes the path is full of stones, sometimes its smooth as glass. Gear up for whatever your path may be and and make the most of it. Keep your heart and eyes open for opportunities to grow and learn. Embrace to good with the bad, because both will lead to enlightenment and destiny.

No comments:

Post a Comment