About Me

My photo
I always wanted to write a book but could never focus long enough to make it happen. Maybe this blog will inspire me. Or maybe it can be an outlet for my jumbled thoughts and opinions. You may not always agree with me, but that's o.k. I would love to hear your thoughts anyway.

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Like the Sixth Sense...I See Dead People

Do you dream? Of course you do, what a silly question.  We all dream.  Do you remember your dreams?  Truth is that most of us only remember our dreams for a few moments upon waking and as we become more and more awake they slip away.  Our dreams are not meant to exist in the light of day. They live in the darkest recesses of our minds and only come to life when all else is at rest.

The fact is, most dreams mean nothing. They are influenced by our daily lives and interactions. Pieces of a conversation, a television show, a book, something we have seen or heard. Little details stick in our heads and give life to distorted visions in our sleep. Sometimes they are happy, sometimes they are disturbing, but most of the time they are innocuous and benign.

There are those dreams however, if you are open to them and able to recognize them, that can be signs and portents of things to come. Warnings and clues of what lies ahead. Path markers to guide us through the unknown. The key is in knowing how to tell the difference, and remembering the details.

Most people never think about the big picture.  They have a bad dream, or a sexy dream, a funny dream, or an absurd dream, and they remember the feeling of it and scant details and bits but nothing more. They may place more value and meaning in their dream than really exists.  If you really stop to think about your dreams and then think about your daily activities, 99 times out of 100 you tie them back to something you encountered along the way. They are simply manifestations of your imagination and that mystery of mind.

But that still leaves 1.  That 1 dream that has no ties to anything. That one dream that comes from no where. If you  are paying attention and tuning it, its a message and it may just save your life or someone you love.  It may help you make a decision, or find something lost. That Dream...that 1 in 100 can have greater meaning than you may ever anticipate, but you have to pay attention.

I like to journal my dreams, write down what i can remember when I first wake up, take notes on my phone or on a scratch paper before they disappear, and then refer to my dream manuals and see what they have to say. Usually, I get all worked up and then realize......oh yes....so and so and I were talking about that.....or....oh that right, I was thinking about that person......and then the dreams value becomes null.  But there are always those 1 in 100's.  they create the De'ja'vus. The I've been here befores. And you have. Because you dreamed it. A dream of portent and inner sight.

We all have it. It's a matter of tuning in.

My dreams, oddly enough are frequently filled with loved ones and acquaintances who have passed on. I see them frequently, perhaps only because they are always in my mind and heart. Or maybe because I am more concerned with my own mortality these days, I'm not certain, but they are always pleasant, never fearful and it brings me peace. I don;t think these are portent, I think they are explainable, but I see dead people and they smile.



No comments:

Post a Comment