About Me

My photo
I always wanted to write a book but could never focus long enough to make it happen. Maybe this blog will inspire me. Or maybe it can be an outlet for my jumbled thoughts and opinions. You may not always agree with me, but that's o.k. I would love to hear your thoughts anyway.

Friday, March 8, 2013

Idiosyncratic

Quirks. We all have them.  Little details in our lives and daily activities that, when right, help the world to "make sense".  But out of whack,  and step aside, heads may roll.

O.k., maybe not that severe, but you never know.

Here are some of my quirks.

  • The toilet paper roll should roll over the top not under the bottom. Likewise the paper towels in the kitchen should do the same. 
  • Kitchen hand towels and other decorator towels should never show the inner seems or tags. 
  • Bath towels on the linnen shelves should all be folded the same way facing the same direction.
  • Faucets should be wiped clean and dry after using to prevent water spots. Likewise, the same should  go for the sinks themselves. 
  • Squeegee the walls of the shower when done to prevent water spots and residue buildup. 
  • When cleaning and dusting, don't forget the baseboards and door knobs.
  • Dirty clothes should always be turned right side out (unless the tags say otherwise) including socks to facilitate more efficient folding when they are done.
  • Silverware in the drawer should always face the same way. 
  • Can food should be organized by category and then alphabetical. For instance, soups together, vegetables together, etc. 
  • Socks and underwear should be folded and organized by color as should hanging clothes, t-shirts and sweatshirts. 
Granted, I'm pretty extreme, but I'm sure some of these souind familiar and you have your own.  There are probably a hundred more I havent listed, simply because I am freak enough without them. :)

1 comment:

  1. Yep, over on the tp. It is too hard to grab when under. If you put the kitchen towels so the seams don't show, the towel won't try as fast. Think about it..lol...You really dry off the faucets time you use them? I do maybe once a day. I'd rather fight the shower each time I clean it than Squeegee it everytime. I've done that before and it was a pain in the ass. lol And you should see Rod's underwear/sock drawer. If my mom folds them, they are very neat. If I get ahold of them, I just stuff them in the drawer..haha...only because Rod does that and he could care less if they are folded. He just wants them clean. When can I make an appt for you to come get my house in order? lol

    ReplyDelete