About Me

My photo
I always wanted to write a book but could never focus long enough to make it happen. Maybe this blog will inspire me. Or maybe it can be an outlet for my jumbled thoughts and opinions. You may not always agree with me, but that's o.k. I would love to hear your thoughts anyway.

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Life is Short



I lost an Aunt today and it made me think, Life is short.  I remember Aunt Pat from my childhood, and though it’s been many years since I last saw her, I remember a kind woman, who had an infectious laugh and a very warm and comforting spirit.  We weren’t close to Aunt Pat and Uncle Ed, they lived a few hours away and tensions about family between my parents were always high.  But the few times a year we did see them were nice. I saw Aunt Pat again in my early 20’s when I lived in the San Diego area. I was new to the neighborhood and she took me furniture shopping. It was a lovely day, and I will never forget her kindness.

Life is short. I don’t think she expected to go so soon and so quickly.  I was talking with her daughter Dawn and she mentioned that only weeks before she found out she was sick with cancer, Aunt Pat was questioning rather or not Ed and her children still needed her. I hope she knew that they will always need her, even if only her beautiful spirit. That she will be with them, in their hearts always.  It’s a mother thing.

Life is so very short. We may think we have it all figured out, and sometimes it may feel like we’ve been living forever, but in the grand scheme of things, no matter your belief system, this mortal life we live, is but a blink on the radar screen of existence and time.  Use it wisely. Live like there is no tomorrow, Love until your heart burst, Laugh at the little things, and never forget that you ALWAYS mean something to someone and they will miss you when you are gone.

May your spirit soar high and may you feel joy and love forever Aunt Pat.

No comments:

Post a Comment