About Me

My photo
I always wanted to write a book but could never focus long enough to make it happen. Maybe this blog will inspire me. Or maybe it can be an outlet for my jumbled thoughts and opinions. You may not always agree with me, but that's o.k. I would love to hear your thoughts anyway.

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

I'm Taking a Bereavement Day...

For all those wonderful commercial characters I fell in love with as a child who seem to have dissappeared into the nether world of TV History and the archives of the smithsonian somehwere...

And now a memoriam.....

Mikey - Life Cereal, You ate everything,











Hamburglar, Grimace, Small Fry - McDonald's, where have you gone. Did Ronald have something to do with your disappearance?

Lil Sprout - Green Giant Vegetables - Did the Jolly Green Giant send you away to boarding school. Were you a child star gone wrong? 

 The Noid - Dominos Pizza,  you disappeared into the void.  




 
Michelin Man - perhaps you finally had a blowout on a dark and lonely road.






The Grapevine Band - A tragic loss to Commercial bands everywhere, perhaps its time to come out of retirement.






And our final memorial of the day was on my desk this morning when I arrived at work.

Apparently the Pillsbury Dough Boy died yesterday of a Yeast Infection and Traumatic complications from repeated pokes to the Belly. He was 71. Dough Boy is survived by his wife, Play Dough, and three Children, John Dough, Jane Dough, and the inappropriately named Dill, and they had one in the oven. Services will be held at 3:50 for 20 minutes.
 

 


2 comments:

  1. Mikey was my favorite! And where is the b-o-l-o-g-n-a kid?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine too. Feel free to pay homage to any you were fond of. ;)

      Delete