About Me

My photo
I always wanted to write a book but could never focus long enough to make it happen. Maybe this blog will inspire me. Or maybe it can be an outlet for my jumbled thoughts and opinions. You may not always agree with me, but that's o.k. I would love to hear your thoughts anyway.

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Champagne Wishes and Caviar Dreams

Have you ever sat down and had a real conversation about what you would do if you ever won the lottery and/or came into a large sum of money?  You know the kind of conversation where you actually discuss the details of what bills to pay, and what purchases to make as if the remote, 1 in a million possibility might actually happen?

I have.  Only my conversations are very logical and conservative.  I don't talk about million dollar homes, extravagant vacations, ostentatious jewelry and cars, and a life of luxury.  I want a life with purpose. I would want a life in which I still got  up every morning with a job to go to and friends to see.  I want to own my home, but I want it to be reasonable and right sized to my needs. I would pay off all my debts that's true, but I wouldn't go crazy spending everything on things I don't need.  College would be paid for and trust funds would be established for future generations, but limitations and guidelines would be put in place to safeguard the funds for appropriate use. 

I know the likelihood of EVER winning a large sum money is all but zero, but if the powers that be are listening, I would be a great example of how to handle it the right way. 

Life would be a lot more enjoyable its true, but only because it would be  stress free financially. Working would be about the joy and fulfillment it brings.  Cars would be for transportation not appearance. Home would be comfort and security, not waste and ego.  And I could actually help my sons to start their adult lives on the right foot. Debt free and with great appreciation for what they have.

A girl can always dream right?  Champagne and Caviar are for celebrations only, not daily consumption.  I don't need 14karet gold faucets in my bathroom or Italian marble tile on my floors.  Give me the basics with a little style, and I'm happy.


2 comments:

  1. Starting with me and Rod and the kids, I would pay off bills, buy new houses, and new cars. Take everyone on a train trip across the USA and Cananda. But most of all, Rod could retire and do whatever he wanted to do. No tent camping though. lol



































    for rod and I, and the kids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. Jeff And I need to work to appreciate the time we have together. ;). We'd drive each crazy if we were home all day every day with each other. ;)

      Delete