About Me

My photo
I always wanted to write a book but could never focus long enough to make it happen. Maybe this blog will inspire me. Or maybe it can be an outlet for my jumbled thoughts and opinions. You may not always agree with me, but that's o.k. I would love to hear your thoughts anyway.

Friday, October 26, 2012

Hard Lessons Learned

I am back and am so grateful not to have lost my entire g-mail history, but more importantly this blog. It has been just over a month, but I realized when I thought I'd lost it, how attached I have become. I was devestated at the idea that all my hours and stories and thoughts could be gone forever.

Here is the lesson I learned,  sometimes cleanliness is not close to godliness.  Sometimes its best to leave things well enough alone.  I was ambitous and determined to streamline my account, to clean it up and make it faster and better, but I hit the wrong button and POOF*** it was gone. 

What it also taught me is I should be careful about what infomration I store or record on my account.  Because someone somewhere has access to it all and can if necessary or simply out of boredom peruse my account for anything they find interesting.

I'll stick to file and delete and compose in the front room of my google account and stay out of the back room where the storage is all in code and subtext. 

Glad to be back. Thanks for not giving up on me.

1 comment: