About Me

My photo
I always wanted to write a book but could never focus long enough to make it happen. Maybe this blog will inspire me. Or maybe it can be an outlet for my jumbled thoughts and opinions. You may not always agree with me, but that's o.k. I would love to hear your thoughts anyway.

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Bed Head

I have had a three day bed head.  You know that tousled, and somewhat frizzy unkempt look you get from laying in bed. Usually you wake up in the morning, and in the process of getting ready for your day, you brush your hair and all is well.  Some days you have a good hair day, some days you have a bad hair day, but most days you just have hair that suffices.  Its not great, it not horrible, but it will do. Sick days are different, you lie around so much you have perpetual bed head, so why bother with a comb.

Bed head is different from a Bad hair day. It says to the image in the mirror and the world at large, I don't care.  I don't feel like combing my hair today and I'm not going to. With Bad hair at least you give it the good college try.

For me Bad Hair days and Bed Head days are easily managed.  Put on a hat.  Now that's not to say that if you see me wearing a hat I was having a bad hair day or a bed head day. Sometimes I wear my hats simply because I love them and the way they look.  But my saving grace on those Bad Hair Days and Bed Head Days is simply, Put a Hat on It. 

Hats work for me.The worst bed head days ever  come from going to bed with a wet head, at least for me.  I usually end up with a sore throat too, but the bed head takes primary focus in the morning.

I love seeing those people on the train or walking down the street who clearly have bed head but are trying to pull off the sexy disarray look.  I can't pull off that look, it doesn't work for me, So I simply chose to put a hat on it.

BTW, I got two new hats this weekend at Charming Charlies in Hillsboro.  I meant to wear one today but forgot to grab it on my way out the door.

1 comment:

  1. A morning shower is best for people with crappy hair. It probably takes less time to wash your hair and look good, than to take so much time to get the bedhead to look ok.

    ReplyDelete