About Me

My photo
I always wanted to write a book but could never focus long enough to make it happen. Maybe this blog will inspire me. Or maybe it can be an outlet for my jumbled thoughts and opinions. You may not always agree with me, but that's o.k. I would love to hear your thoughts anyway.

Friday, October 5, 2012

In Memory of My Dad



17 years ago this morning I lost my Daddy.  He was a really good man with a huge heart and a capacity for love unlike any other man I’ve ever known.  Not a day goes by that I don’t think of him and miss him, but only the selfish side of me wishes he was still here.  The benevolent part of me is grateful that he found peace. I am happy knowing that he is comfortable, that he can breathe again and that he has no pain.  I know every day that he is with me and that he is proud of the woman I have become.  I know he is watching over me and that he knows his two grandsons and that he is extremely proud of the men they are turning into. 

I always knew I held a special place in my daddy’s heart. Perhaps it was because I was the baby girl, or maybe it was because we shared our birthday’s (a week apart).  Whatever the case, I knew we shared a bond that was unique to us.  Daddy was always there for me, highs or lows. I always felt his pride in me when I accomplished something, and I knew his arms would be there to pick me up if I fell down.  And I fell down a lot.

As a small child I remember he worked very hard to provide for a large family.  He was not always the one in the home, taking care of the day to day, it wasn’t a modern day household, but instead very traditional. But, he was always there when I needed him, he was my safety net, I trusted that.  I could spend days and days, pages and pages talking about my daddy…but I won’t do that here.  Let me just share that he was a good man with a big heart and a spirit that lives on and on and on. 

I miss him every day, but I always know he is around me.  I love you daddy, ALWAYS.

1 comment: