About Me

My photo
I always wanted to write a book but could never focus long enough to make it happen. Maybe this blog will inspire me. Or maybe it can be an outlet for my jumbled thoughts and opinions. You may not always agree with me, but that's o.k. I would love to hear your thoughts anyway.

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Inspiration

Where do you find your daily inspiration? What sparks your imagination and your smile? Do you find yourself awake at the oddest of moments in the wee hours of the morning, or do awake with vigor and hope and great anticipation for you day?  Do you have days that you dread and drag your feet or do you face every day with best of intentions and faith that its going to be not just good but great?

I get my inspiration from the smallest of things to the greatest.  It can be a breeze through the trees, the smell of coffee, the tail wag of one of my dogs, or time with a dear friend. It might be a hug from a loved one, or the kindest of gestures as my love helps to tie my shoes or zip my boots. Everyday, everywhere there is inspiration  You just have to open your eyes.

That quirky guy on the train to work with the really amazing bushy eyebrows or the elderly woman who loves to wear vibrant eye popping colors, she looks amazing in purple. It could be the little boy who is holding his uncles hand as he sits nervously going to the end of the line so he can catch the OHSU tram to visit his mommy and his new baby sister in the hospital. 

Your inspiration could come from the woman in your office who is fighting cancer and winning at the moment. It could be in the courage of a wonderful family bidding farewell to a loved one.  Inspiration can come from the smell of caramel, the ripple in a pond, the flutter of a birds wings, the whinny of a goat.

Open your heart, and open your mind, and find your inspiration. Not just to be creative, but to be content, to enjoy each minute of life, to appreciate what you have, and to strive always to be a better person.  Never stop growing, never stop learning, never stop dreaming.  Get Inspired.

2 comments: