About Me

My photo
I always wanted to write a book but could never focus long enough to make it happen. Maybe this blog will inspire me. Or maybe it can be an outlet for my jumbled thoughts and opinions. You may not always agree with me, but that's o.k. I would love to hear your thoughts anyway.

Monday, October 29, 2012

How DID That Spot Get There?

Have you ever stopped to notice the walls in your workplace lunchroom, or a hallway in the Mall, or the waiting room in a doctors office, or your own back door?  Do you ever notice spots that make little sense and seem out of place.

Finger prints are expected, and sometimes an occasional splash from throwing something in the garbage can, or rinsing a dish, but how on earth do some of those spots get in the middle of a wall in the middle of a room. Coffee runs, liquid splatters, odd stains, that are simply out of place and undefined?

Did someone trip and fall? Did something explode?  Perhaps someone had something on their hands and they shook them like a wet dog getting out of the tub.   How DID that spot get there?

I see spots on ceilings, walkways, if you look close enough, you'll see them everywhere. Sometimes they are mocha, tan, red, yellow, or orange.  Sometimes you can clearly identify them as ketchup, mustard, coffee, or cola, and sometimes they are a mystery.

Sometimes, I can close my eyes and imagine the scenario in which they happened, and it is hilarious.  Sometimes I simply can't fathom it, and sometimes, the scene I get in my head is gross and disturbing.

I wash the walls and baseboards and doors in my house regularly. But even if I didn't, I can't see how some of the odd things I observe elsewhere, could possibly happen. 

So I frequently think as I walk on by, How DID that spot get there?

No comments:

Post a Comment